Almond Bread, Hardboiled Egg, & Tomato
Active Time: 15 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- For the Hardboiled Eggs: 2 eggs (you have the option to prep ahead of time for the week and make 4 hardboiled eggs on prep day)
- Remaining Ingredients:
- 4 slices homemade almond flour bread (If you did not make this on Prep Day, see the Other tab for the recipe)
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil or chive oil
- 1 small heirloom tomato, sliced thick (4-8 slices)
- Gently place eggs in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a simmer over mediumhigh heat. When the water starts to simmer, remove the pot from heat, cover, and let sit for 9 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. Once cool, store in the fridge if prepping ahead of time, or peel eggs and set aside if continuing with the recipe now.
- If needed, remove eggs from the fridge and peel.
- Warm or toast bread in a dry skillet on the stove top.
- Cut each egg into 4 slices. Plate 2 slices of bread per plate and top each with 1-2 slices tomato. Add egg to each stack, topped with a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of oil.