Almond Flour Bread Loaf
Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 40 minutes / Total Time: 55 minutes
Makes 1 loaf, 12 slices
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted, plus more to grease your loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and prepare a 5 x 9 loaf pan by very lightly greasing it using a paper towel and small amount of melted coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in one bowl and whisk the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients together and pour into loaf tin.
- Bake for 30 - 40 mins or until golden brown on top and cooked through. To test, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The bread is ready when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Carefully remove from loaf pan by flipping it upside down on a countertop. Lift up and allow your loaf to slide out. Flip loaf right side up and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice your bread into 12 slices and store in zip lock bags, 4 slices per bag, in the freezer.
- You will use 8 slices in recipes this week. The remaining 4 slices can be eaten as a snack with butter, nut butter, avocado, or hummus, or saved in the freezer.