Amaranth Porridge with Stone Fruits
Active Time: 10 minutes / Requires soaking overnight
Makes 2 servings
- 3/4 cup amaranth, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 peach or nectarine, halved, pitted, and chopped
- 2 plums, halved, pitted, and chopped
- Drain and rinse amaranth. Place amaranth and 2 cups water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain excess water if needed.
- Put 1/2 of the amaranth in a food processor with almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla, nutmeg, and raw honey. Pulse until smooth, add reserved amaranth, and pulse just to combine. There should still be a hearty grain texture.
- Divide into 2 serving dishes and top with fresh stone fruits.