Apple Pancakes with Maple-Apple Syrup
Active Time: 25-30 minutes / Cook Time: 15-20 minutes / Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Serves 2 (about 3 pancakes each)
- 1 cup + 5 tablespoons almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons tapioca flour
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, quartered
- 1 tablespoon ghee, divided
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Dash cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, tapioca flour, and sea salt.
- In a large measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla extract, and almond milk.
- Very thinly slice 2 quarters of the apple and chop the other two.
- Combine chopped apples and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and let warm while you make the pancakes.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Heat ½ tablespoon ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. When it bubbles lightly, scoop ¼ cup batter per pancake into skillet. Quickly add a slice of apple on top of each pancake. Cook until little bubbles form and pop on the surface of the pancake, 3-4 minutes. Flip (Carefully—these are more fragile than wheat flour pancakes!) and cook until done, about 1 minute. Repeat with remaining ghee and batter.
- Serve pancakes with Maple-Apple Syrup.