Apple Teff Porridge
Active Time: / Cook Time: / Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- 2 ¼ cups almond milk, plus more for serving
- ½ cup teff
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples, grated
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash sea salt
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Bring almond milk to a gentle boil. Add vanilla and teff and reduce to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix in grated apple, goji berries, cinnamon, and sea salt. Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until teff is cooked and liquid is almost gone. When there is only a small amount of liquid left, remove from heat and stir in hemp seeds and chia seeds.
- If you are making this ahead of time, let porridge cool and then transfer to a sealable container and refrigerate. Enjoy warmed up or cold, topped with a dash of almond milk.
- If preparing the morning of, enjoy warm with a dash of almond milk. Refrigerate half to enjoy Day 4.