Asian-style Eggs and Greens
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 10-15 minutes / Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons refined coconut oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and very thinly sliced
- 2-3 baby bok choy, stems separated from leaves and both coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons tamari, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, plus more to taste
- a few dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- 2 eggs
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in bok choy stems and half of scallions and cook 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy greens and garlic, if using. Cook 2-3 minutes or until leaves are wilted and vegetables are all crisp-tender. Turn off heat and stir in tamari, sesame oil, and hot sauce.
- Cook the eggs as desired: fried, over-easy, and scrambled will all be good.
- Divide the bok choy mixture between two plates, top with 1 egg each and remaining scallions. Add a splash of tamari and/or sesame oil, if desired.