August Bounty Salad
Active Time: 30-35 minutes / Cook Time: 25 minutes / Total Time: 30-35 minutes
Serves 2, with leftovers for lunch
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 lb. green beans, stems trimmed
- 2 small heirloom tomatoes (about 3-4 oz. each)
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 4 oz. goat cheese or feta
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Honey-Lemon Dressing from Day 4, divided
- Preheat oven* to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss halved fingerlings with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, and ground black pepper to taste. Place cut-side down on baking sheet and roast 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, prep green beans and toss in the same bowl with 1 teaspoon coconut oil, a pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste. Add to the baking sheet with the potatoes and roast 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes and green beans roast, prep the other ingredients: core and cut tomatoes into 8 wedges, stem and seed peppers and slice into thin strips.
- Place 1 1/2 cups greens on each of two plates. Top with 1/4 of the rest of the vegetables, 1 oz. of goat cheese, 2 tablespoons of walnuts, and 1 tablespoon of dressing per salad. Serve.
- Portion greens, vegetables, cheese, and walnuts into an airtight container (package dressing separately, so the salad does not get soggy). Refrigerate for lunch tomorrow.
*If you have a grill basket, feel free to do the green beans and potatoes on the grill! Preheat to medium and follow the instructions as written (minus the parchment paper), making sure to close the grill cover while the food is cooking.