Avocado Tuna Salad
Active Time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 small cans wild tuna in water or olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large avocados, divided, to serve (1/2 avocado per serving)
- Add all ingredients except avocado to a large mixing bowl and mix very well.
- Divide mixture in half and reserve one half in the fridge for tomorrow.
- Slice 1 avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Create a larger well in the center of each half by scooping out a little bit of the flesh (you want to large enough space to stuff each avocado half with tuna).
- Add the scooped out avocado flesh to the remaining tuna mixture and mix to incorporate. Stuff each avocado half with half of the tuna salad and enjoy.
- For a snack tomorrow, repeat steps 3-4 with the other half of tuna salad and 1 more avocado.