Active Time: 15-20 minutes / Cook Time: 40-50 minutes / Total Time: 65-70 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 large apples
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons ghee, cut into pieces, plus more for the dish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 8” square baking dish or 9” round pie plate with ghee. Set aside.
- Using a paring knife or melon-baller, remove the centers from the apples, stopping before you reach the bottom. Trim a small sliver off of the bottom of each apple if necessary to keep them standing flat. Place apples in baking dish and drizzle with 3 tablespoons maple syrup.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining syrup and oats. Loosely pack the center of each apple with the mixture. Dot the tops of the apples with pieces of ghee and bake until tender, 40-50 minutes. Start checking them at 25 minutes, since the type of apple you use will affect cooking time.
- Carefully remove apples from baking dish and place one on each of two plates. Drizzle with half of the liquid in the baking dish and serve.
- Package remaining apples and drizzle in an airtight container for dessert on Day 7. Apples can be reheated in the microwave, served cold, or served at room temperature.