Baked Cod Loin with Spring Vegetables pickled onions & capers
Active Time: 40 minutes / Cook Time: 12 minutes
Makes 2 servings, plus 2 servings leftover spring vegetables
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cod loin fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half-moons
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into half-moons
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss sliced red onion with vinegar. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Season cod fillets with salt and pepper. Set in an oven safe baking dish and squeeze lemon over top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the oven, or until flaky. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- While the cod is baking, heat ghee or coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper strips, asparagus, fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables just start to tenderize.
- Drain vinegar from onions and add capers, fresh dill, and salt and pepper.
- Plate cod over vegetables and top with pickled onion mixture reserving 2 small portions of vegetables for lunch the next day