Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 40-50 minutes / Total Time: 55-65 minutes
Makes 8-10 servings
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups packed mashed banana (about 6 ripe bananas)
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips, optional (we love Lily’s no sugar added brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients plus chocolate chips if using into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top browns too quickly, cover with tin foil and continue to bake.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Wrap well and store in the fridge until needed.
- To serve, enjoy 1 slice per person straight from the fridge or warmed up (15 seconds in the microwave, or 2-3 minutes in a 400 degrees F oven).