Banana Pancakes with crispy bacon
Active Time: 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
These pancakes will be very tender and moist due to the amount of banana in them. They will not bubble on top like normal pancake batter; they just need to firm up a little bit and heat through to cook the egg in the batter. Enjoy! These are delicious.
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pure maple syrup, raw honey, or almond butter, to serve (1 tablespoon)
- Toast walnuts by heating a dry skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and stir consistently until fragrant and starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place bacon strips flat on a nonstick or cast iron skillet. Turn heat to medium and cook until bacon starts to curl, about 7-8 minutes. Flip bacon and cook to desired crispiness. Remove bacon and most of the bacon grease from skillet, leaving just enough to coat the bottom.
- Mash the banana in a small bowl with a fork until smooth. Whisk in eggs and cinnamon.
- Return the skillet you cooked your bacon in to medium heat. Ladle 1/4 of your pancake batter onto the skillet. Depending how large your skillet is, you may be able to cook 2 pancakes at once. Cook until pancake just starts to brown. When it is firm enough to flip, flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2-3 minutes longer. Remove cooked pancake from your skillet and repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- To serve, plate 2 pancakes and top with toasted walnuts, maple syrup/raw honey/almond butter, and bacon.