Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 5-10 minutes / Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Makes6 parfaits (Days 2, 4, and 6)
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk 7.5 oz. dark chocolate chips (we like Lily’s sugarfree brand)
- 3 large bananas, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, whole milk dairy or non-dairy are both fine
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 6 tablespoons toasted pecans OR walnuts, chopped (optional)**
- Combine coconut milk and chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir until chocolate is fully melted, remove from heat, and set aside 6 tablespoons. Stir the bananas into the remaining chocolate sauce.
- Stir the yogurt and honey together until thoroughly combined.
- Build the parfaits: in each of six glasses, put 2 tablespoons of yogurt, a heaped tablespoon of banana-chocolate mixture, * and 1 teaspoon nuts. Repeat the layers once, and then finish with 2 tablespoons yogurt, 1 tablespoon of plain chocolate sauce, and 1 teaspoon of nuts, if using. Serve 2 parfaits.
- Refrigerate remaining parfaits, tightly covered, until needed.
*You should use the equivalent of 1 banana to build 2 parfaits.
**To toast nuts and seeds, place them in a dry skillet over medium-low heat and cook, stirring often, until they begin to turn golden and give off a nutty smell. Watch them carefully: nuts go from toasted to charcoal in no time flat!