Beans and Greens with Balsamic Glaze and Shaved Parmesan
Active Time: 35-40 minutes / Cook Time: 20-25 minutes / Total Time: 35-40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 bunches Swiss Chard, preferably rainbow colored
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan, from a solid piece
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for drizzling
- Prepare Swiss chard by removing stems and chopping them into ½” pieces. Stack leaves, roll tightly, and slice into 1” strips.
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm the coconut oil. Sauté chard stems and onions until just tender, 4-5 minutes. Add half of the leaves, stir, and cover just to wilt, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining leaves, minced garlic, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Remove the lid and add beans. Stir and cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until well-heated through and beans are starting to break down. If the pan seems dry, add a splash of water. Add spinach during the last few minutes of cooking, and cook until just starting to wilt.
- While the beans and greens are cooking, combine honey and balsamic vinegar; whisk well.
- When beans and greens are cooked, divide into four servings, package two for lunch tomorrow. Drizzle the Balsamic-honey mixture and the olive oil evenly over all four portions.