Beet Hummus Plate
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: none minutes / Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1 small roasted beet, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained but liquid reserved
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon tahini (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- To serve:
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2-3 cups crudité: carrot and celery sticks, raw beet wedges, radishes
- 4-6 Swiss chard, romaine, and/or butter lettuce leaves
- Add the garlic clove to a food processor and pulse until it is mostly minced, stopping to scrape down the bowl as necessary.
- Add the beet to the garlic and pulse until it is minced.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon zest and juice, and tahini, if using, to the processor and run until the hummus is smooth.
- With the processor running, drizzle in the oil until everything is smooth, creamy, and combined. If you need more liquid, add ½ tablespoon of the reserved chickpea liquid at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Scoop the hummus into a bowl and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Serve hummus with crudité and greens.