Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 12 servings (6 will be used this week, and 6 can be frozen for the future or shared with friends)
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1/3 plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use paper towel to lightly coat an 8 x 8 baking pan with coconut oil.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a food processor and process until completely smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice.
- Fold in chocolate chips (make sure your batter has not become warm enough to melt them! If it has, place batter in the fridge for a few minutes).
- Transfer to your prepared baking dish and use a spoon to create one even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely. The brownies will solidify more as they cool. If they still are not solid enough to cut, place them in the fridge for 20 minutes. Cut into 12 squares. Store 6 in an airtight container in the fridge to be enjoyed this week. Store the remaining 6 in the fridge for up to 7 days, or in the freezer.