Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry-Maple Syrup
Active Time: 25-30 minutes / Cook Time: 15-20 minutes / Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Makes 2 servings (about 3 pancakes each)
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon ground chia OR flax seed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water 1 cup + 5 tablespoons almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tapioca flour pinch fine sea salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee, divided
- . In a small saucepan over low heat, combine 1/2 cup blueberries and maple syrup. Let cook while you make the pancakes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chia or flax seeds and water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, tapioca flour, and sea salt.
- In a large measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Whisk in chia/flax mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. When it bubbles lightly, scoop 1/4 cup batter per pancake into skillet. Quickly add a sprinkle of blueberries on top of each pancake. Cook until little bubbles form and pop on the surface of the pancake, 3- 4 minutes. Flip (Carefully—these are more fragile than wheat flour pancakes!) and cook until done, about 1 minute. Repeat with remaining ghee and batter.
- Very gently mash about 1/4 of the blueberries into the maple syrup. Serve pancakes with syrup.