Blueberry Scones with Chia Jam
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Total Time: 50 minutes
Makes 8 servings scones and 4 servings jam
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut milk, plus more if needed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup ghee, to brush the scones
- Chia Jam:
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 cups raspberries
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2-4 drops stevia
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking tray with all natural parchment paper.
- Combine flours, baking powder, and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, stevia, vanilla, coconut milk, and coconut oil in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to fully incorporate. The dough should be slightly crumbly (you may need to add a little bit more coconut milk if the dough seems too dry).
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Shape dough into 8 scones on your prepared baking tray. Brush with melted ghee using a pastry brush or a spoon and clean hands.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until starting to brown.
- Make your jam while the scones are baking. Heat coconut oil in a medium sauce pan over low. Place berries in sauce pan and cook until berries are heated through and start to become soft (around 5 minutes). Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Mash the berries using a fork. Add in remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate. Transfer to a sealable jar or air tight container and store in the fridge.
- When the scones are done baking, let them cool completely. Store 4 scones in an airtight container in the fridge, for breakfast this week. Store remaining 4 scones in an airtight container in the freezer, for snacks week 3.
- To serve, enjoy a blueberry scone (warmed up or toasted, if desired) sliced in half and topped with jam.