Breakfast Lettuce Cups
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 5 minutes / Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and diced
- 1 tablespoons mayonnaise (organic brand or organic avocado mayo)
- 2 whole lettuce leaves or handful of fresh greens
- Gently place eggs in a small pot and cover with water. Heat over medium high until simmering. Remove from heat and cover for 9 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking, gently mix remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl, adding the avocado and mayonnaise in at the end.
- Drain and rinse eggs under cold water. Once cool enough to peel, peel and dice.
- Gently fold into the lettuce cup filling.
- To serve, plate 1 lettuce cup on each of two plates and fill with 1/2 the mixture each