Breakfast Salad with Roasted Squash & Eggs
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 4-5 minutes / Total Time: 20 minutes / Times increase if not using leftover squash.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 small Delicata squash, halved, seeded, and cut into ½” half-moons (or use 8 pieces of squash reserved from Day 4)
- ½ tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese OR blue cheese OR shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- (If you saved leftover squash from Day 4, skip steps 1 and 2.) Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the squash pieces to a medium bowl and toss with coconut oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Transfer to the baking sheet in a single layer and roast until tender, 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- While the squash cooks, place 2 cups greens on each of two plates. Evenly sprinkle remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper over each bed of greens, along with scallions.
- Heat the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. If using leftover squash, add to the pan off to one side. Gently crack the eggs in (not on top of the squash), add a pinch each of salt and pepper to each egg, and cook 1-2 minutes or until bottoms are set and whites do not run when you tilt the pan.
- Carefully flip eggs (and squash, if in pan) and cook to desired doneness and squash pieces are warmed through.
- Transfer one egg and four pieces of squash to each plate. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and pecans, if using. Serve.