Broccoli & Leek Frittata
Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 15-20 minutes / Total Time: 30-35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 leek, diced, about 1 cup
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Melt ghee in a medium ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat. Add broccoli and leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Spread vegetables in even layer across bottom of pan.
- While vegetables are cooking, whisk eggs, herbs, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl until combined. Fold in spinach and pour into the pan. Swirl to allow the egg to run to the edges of the pan. Once the egg begins to set around the edges, use a silicone spatula to gently pull them away from the sides of the pan, tilting the pan to let the uncooked egg run under the cooked. Let eggs set at the edges again and repeat. Repeat one more time, and then transfer the frittata to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until egg is fully cooked on top and a little puffed up.
- Let cool completely. Cut into 4 servings and transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge and enjoy for breakfast Days 2 and 4.
- To serve, warm in a 300 degree oven for 5 minutes or microwave for 40 seconds (optional).