Broccoli & Scallion Egg Muffins
Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 6 servings / about 3 cups
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/6 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 scallions, diced (1/2 bunch)
- 1 cup diced broccoli florets (from 1 small head broccoli. You will be cooking the entire head of broccoli now, for use later in the week)
- 6 muffin liners or coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tray with 6 muffin liners or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, chop your head of broccoli into medium/large florets. Once boiling, add florets and blanch for 30 seconds, or until bright green. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add scallions.
- Once cool enough to handle, chop enough broccoli florets into mini pieces to fill 1 cup. Add broccoli to egg mixture and mix to incorporate. Reserve the remaining broccoli florets in an airtight container in the fridge (to be used to make a snack for day 2).
- Use a spoon to fill 6 muffin trays, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fluffy and starting to brown. Insert a toothpick into the center of one muffin if you are unsure if it is cooked. If it comes out clean they are ready.
- Let cool completely. Store muffins in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy 1 muffin per person as a snack days 1, 3, and 5.
- To warm up, place in a 350°F oven for 6 minutes (they are also delicious straight from the fridge).