Cacao Beet Smoothie
Active Time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Corner: Cacao
Cacao powder is derived from the seeds of Cacao fruit and is used to make chocolate. While sugar-laden chocolate bars are far from a health food, raw cacao powder is a Mayan superfood! Cacao is rich in magnesium, fiber, and antioxidants. It has been used traditionally for thousands of years, and is at the heart of South American culture.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ avocado (save the other half for lunch tomorrow)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2-3 small beets or 1 medium/large beet (about ½ cup chopped)*
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-4 drops stevia (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses or to-go jars and enjoy.