Active Time: 5 minutes / Cook Time: 40 minutes (start this recipe with dinner and roast while enjoying dinner)
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium pear, peeled if desired, halved and cored
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place pears cut-side down in a small baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice, vanilla extract, sugar, and water.
- Place half of the butter on each pear half.
- Roast for 20 minutes, brushing each pear with juice halfway through.
- Flip pears over and roast until tender and caramelized, 20-30 minutes, pouring juices over the pears once or twice.