Carrot Rhubarb Muffins
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
- Muffin liners
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 pound carrots (around 5), shredded
- 2 thin stalks rhubarb, chopped into ¼” slices
- Coconut oil or ghee, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- Make oat flour by processing 1 1/2 cups oats in a food processor until it is a coarse flour. Transfer to a bowl and add in remaining 1 cup oats. Add coconut sugar, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix to combine.
- Whisk together maple syrup and eggs in a medium bowl. Add in carrots and rhubarb and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and fold together until just combined.
- Fill your muffin cups 3/4 full with batter and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store 8 muffins in an airtight container in the fridge as snacks for this week, and 4 in the freezer for next week.
- To serve, allow to warm to room temperature, or microwave for 10 seconds (from the fridge) or 20 seconds (from the freezer). Enjoy with a dollop of ghee, butter, or coconut oil.