Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 10 minutes / Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes 2 servings
For this recipe you will process enough cauliflower and dice enough scallions for Day 2 and Day 4 (4 servings) as part of Sunday prep. The rest of the recipe includes ingredients and directions for 2 servings. You will follow this recipe twice (Day 2 and Day 4).
- Sunday Prep Day:
- 1 small head cauliflower, about 6-8 cups processed
- 1 ½ cups scallions, diced
- Day 2 & Day 4:
- 1 tablespoon flaxmeal
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 teaspoons ghee, for cooking
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, to serve (1 tablespoon per serving)
- 1/2 avocado, to serve (1/4 avocado per serving)
- (Sunday Prep Day) Chop cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor. Process for several seconds, until the florets are broken down and resemble rice. You may need to do this in batches. Divide cauliflower rice into 2 separate medium bowls, one for Day 2 and one for Day 4. Cover and refrigerate. Dice scallions and divide into 2 separate small bowls, one for Day 2 and one for Day 4. Cover and refrigerate.
- (Day 2 and Day 4) Remove one bowl of cauliflower and one bowl of scallions from the fridge. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients, except ghee and toppings.
- Use a spatula to mix until well combined.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ½ teaspoon ghee and heat until melted. Swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet. Add about 1/3 cup latke batter and press into a pancake shape. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes, and then flip.
- Repeat step 4 until you have used all of the batter, making about 6 latkes.
- To serve, top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and ¼ avocado, sliced.
- Day 2: tightly wrap leftover avocado ½, to be used Day 4.