Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 10 minutes / Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 10 ounces frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, oregano, thyme, rosemary, or a combination
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Bring 1 quart water to a boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, add green peas for 1 minute. Strain and let sit in the sink until needed.
- While waiting for water to boil, chop cauliflower into florets, discarding the stem. Add florets, in two batches, to a food processor and pulse until florets resemble rice. Do not over-process, or you will end up with cauliflower mashed potatoes! Add rice to a large mixing bowl.
- Heat ghee over medium high in a large sauté pan, stock pot, or Wok (something big enough to hold all of the ingredients).
- Add carrots and onions and sauté, 5-6 minutes. Add cauliflower rice and peas, and sauté another minute, mixing constantly.
- Remove from heat, add seasonings and cilantro, and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Allow to cool, and then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Enjoy 1/6 of the cauliflower rice as needed for snacks this week.