Chicken Paillard with Citrus Salad
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 6 minutes / Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 2 (4 oz.) chicken cutlets, pounded to ¼” thickness
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus two small pinches
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced into rounds (seeds removed, if necessary)
- 1 small grapefruit, peeled and sliced into rounds, seeds removed (or another orange)
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 small shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red OR white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly on both sides with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer each paillard to a separate serving plate.
- In a large bowl, toss ½ of the orange and grapefruit slices with the arugula and shallots. Pile ½ of the salad on top of each of the chicken paillard. Drizzle each with ½ tablespoon vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle on a small pinch of salt.
- Top salads evenly with remaining citrus. Drizzle each with remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with a small pinch of salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and serve.