Chocolate Almond Butter Energy Bites
Active Time: 10 minutes
Makes 16 servings
Nutrition Corner: Cacao
Cacao powder is derived from the seeds of Cacao fruit and is used to make chocolate. While sugar-laden chocolate bars are far from a health food, raw cacao powder is a Mayan superfood! Cacao is rich in magnesium, fiber, and antioxidants. It has been used traditionally for thousands of years, and is at the heart of South American culture.
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut milk (use the thick cream at the top and transfer the remaining milk to a sealable jar)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup raw honey, liquid
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
Pressure Cooker Instructions:
- Add almond butter, coconut milk, coconut oil, and honey to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add cacao powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and sea salt to a small mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Add to wet ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Transfer mixture to a 6x6 square dish lined with parchment paper. Use a spoon or spatula to spread in one even layer.
- Freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Remove and cut into 16 squares.
- Store in a zip lock bag or airtight container in the freezer.
- To serve, enjoy 1 square straight from the freezer as a snack.