Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
Active Time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Corner: Cacao
Cacao powder is derived from the seeds of Cacao fruit and is used to make chocolate. While sugar-laden chocolate bars are far from a health food, raw cacao powder is a Mayan superfood! Cacao is rich in magnesium, fiber, and antioxidants. It has been used traditionally for thousands of years, and is at the heart of South American culture.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 avocado (use the other half tomorrow morning)
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk (plus more if needed to facilitate blending)
- Dash fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Toppings (per serving): 1 teaspoon cacao nibs, 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 bowls and add toppings.