Active Time: 30-35 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes / Total time: 30-35 minutes
Serves 2, with leftovers for lunch
- 6 eggs 1 large head lettuce of choice (minus 4 leaves for the BLTs), chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes or chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 bulb kohlrabi, peeled, quartered and cut into 1/2” slices (if the leaves are in good shape, save them for the slaw and/or cabbage noodles this weekend!)
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2” slices
- 6 scallions OR one bunch chives, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine OR apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- pinch each fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat, cover, and let stand 10 minutes. Carefully drain and run eggs under cold water to cool them off/stop the cooking. Peel 4 eggs. You can simply halve the eggs, or chop them to mix into the salad. Store the remaining 2 hardboiled eggs in the fridge, to have as a snack Day 5.
- You are going to build the salads in 2 bowls for dinner tonight and 2 to-go containers for lunch tomorrow. Start with a bed of lettuce for each, then add each of the remaining vegetables, the cheese and chopped eggs, (if not using halves) in a row across the top of the lettuce (or if you’re too hungry for “pretty,” just toss it all together!).
- Add vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper to a bowl or measuring cup and whisk well to combine. Slowly stream in the olive oil until dressing is emulsified. Use 2 tablespoons of dressing per salad, packing the dressing for lunch separately so that the salad doesn’t get soggy.