Chow Chow Green Beans & Chicken, Sweet Peppers & Almonds with tamari glaze
Active Time: 40 minutes / Cook Time: 12 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- Tamari glaze:
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1-2 inches fresh ginger root, roughly chopped (depending on your taste preference)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetables and chicken:
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1 chicken breast, 6-8 ounces
- Dash sea salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4'' strips
- 8 ounces green beans, stem-ends removed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry roasted almonds, sliced or crushed
- 1 small avocado, halved, pitted and sliced
- To make tamari glaze add tamari, honey, ginger, garlic, and black pepper to a small food processor and blend for 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Once the skillet is hot, sear breast for 30 seconds on each side. Transfer to an oven safe dish and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through (no pink in the center). Set aside.
- Return your skillet (adding a touch more coconut oil), to high heat. Warm oil until shimmering, about 1 minute. Carefully add pepper strips and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add greens beans and toss together, cook an additional 5 minutes. While this is cooking, slice your chicken breast into 4-6 strips.
- Remove vegetables from heat and add chicken, scallions, and tamari glaze. Toss until combined.
- Plate and garnish with almonds and avocado slices.