Clever Kale Drink
Active Time: 15 minutes
Makes 2 servings
This recipe is made using a blender and a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth. If you have a juicer and would prefer to use it, juice the vegetables in step 1, and then add the juice and additional water (for a total of 3 cups liquid) to your blender and follow step 2.
- 4 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 inch fresh ginger root
- 1/2 lemon, halved
- 5 kale stalks & leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 apple, cored
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Place 2 carrots, ginger, and lemon in a high speed blender with enough water to facilitate blending (1-2 cups). Blend on low to start. Once vegetables have been pureed, add in the other carrots and kale, plus more water for a total of about 3 cups. Blend on high until pureed.
- Place a fine sieve or double layered cheesecloth over a wide mouth jar or large bowl and strain the juice through. If you are using a sieve, use a spoon to press down on the pulp in order to extract the most juice. If using cheesecloth, gently squeeze to release juice. Rinse out the blender and transfer juice back into it. Discard the pulp.
- Add apple and hemp seeds to the blender and blend until smooth. Divide into 2 glasses or to-go jars.