Coconut and Cauliflower Curry Soup with Mixed Greens
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 12 minutes / Total Time: 32 minutes
Makes 2 generous servings; soup can be frozen
- 2 teaspoons refined coconut oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Leftover cauliflower puree from Saturday's dinner
- 1 cup well-stirred coconut milk
- 2-3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- juice of half a lime, plus more for serving
- fine sea salt, to taste
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons cider OR red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- pinch each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add the coconut oil and onion to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, cook for one minute.
- Add cauliflower puree, coconut milk, 2 cups broth, curry powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir well, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add extra broth if desired for consistency.
- Add lime juice and taste for seasoning. Before you add any salt, try a little more lime juice.
- Place vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a jar with a lid or a small bowl. Shake or whisk until emulsified. Toss dressing with greens.
- Serve ½ of the soup and ½ of the greens per person.