Coconut Apricot Protein Bars
Active Time: 20 minutes / Freeze Time: 1 hour
Makes 14 (14 servings)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut butter (or ½ cup more almond butter)
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, diced into small pieces
- 3/4 cup dry roasted unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup flaxmeal
- ¾ cup dry roasted unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup hempseeds
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup almond butter, drippy
- Line a 9 x 12 baking dish with all natural parchment paper, allowing the paper to hang over the edges.
- (If needed) Melt coconut oil in a small sauce pan over low heat, add coconut butter until softened.
- Combine oats, apricots, pistachios, flaxmeal, pumpkin seeds, hempseeds, and sea salt in a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Add almond butter, coconut oil, and coconut butter to a separate mixing bowl and mix together. Fold into dry ingredients until fully incorporated using a spoon or spatula.
- Place batter in prepared pan, pressing down firmly with your hands or the back of a spoon. Distribute as evenly as possible.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and lift up on the parchment paper to free the bars from the baking dish. Slice into 7 long bars and then in half, for a total of 14 bars. Transfer to a zip lock bar or airtight container and store in the freezer (careful, they will be a little crumbly!). Thaw as needed week 1 and week 3 (you will have 2 leftover bars to share with friends or use as a substitute snack).