Cold Sesame Cabbage “Noodles” with Grilled Chicken
Active Time: 30-35 minutes / Cook Time: 10-12 minutes / Total Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1/3 cup peanut, almond, OR sunflower seed butter*
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice OR white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- juice of 1 lime, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- Sriracha or other hot sauce to taste
- 3/4 head of a very small green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced (use leftovers from Day 6)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresno chili pepper or jalapeño, very thinly sliced into rounds (seeds removed, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted**
- 2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 6 oz. each
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Clean and oil grill grates. Whisk first 10 ingredients (nut/seed butter and 2 tablespoons coconut oil through Sriracha) together in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add cabbage, scallions, and chili pepper and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness, about 1/2”. Brush chicken on both sides with remaining 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Slice into strips.
- Serve 1/2 of the cabbage noodles per person, topped with the sliced chicken. Squeeze additional lime juice over top, if desired.
*Any of these nut/seed butters will work, but the taste will vary slightly depending on the one
**To toast sesame seeds, place in a small skillet over medium-low heat and cook, stirring frequently, until seeds just start to brown and you can smell them.