Corn Crepes with Turkey & Poblano
Active Time: 60 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Corner: Garlic Cooking Tip
Garlic has potent health benefits, but how you cook with garlic can determine how much of these benefits you will experience. Garlic's most potent constituent is Allicin. Allicin is created when garlic is crushed or chopped. To get the most out of your garlic, crush or chop it, and then let it sit for 5-10 minutes before cooking with it.
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Juice of ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup fine ground corn meal
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee, for the pan
- 1 cup unsweetened full-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 6 cups field greens, to serve
- 2-4 tablespoons balsamic and black pepper dressing, plus more to-go for lunch tomorrow (optional)
- Heat oil or ghee over medium heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add onions and peppers and sauté, 4 minutes. Add ground turkey and sauté, breaking apart the meat with a spoon until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, poblano, and tomato and sauté until warmed through and peppers are soft. Turn off heat and fold in cheese and lime juice. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- In a medium bowl mix egg, milk, 2 flours, and a pinch of salt until you get a thin batter,
- Wipe skillet clean and return to medium heat. Brush with a small amount of ghee, reserving the rest to brush before each crepe.
- Add 3 tablespoons crepe batter and swirl to cover the base of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Flip and cook for 30 seconds and remove from pan. Repeat. The goal is to have 8 crepes (reserving 4 for lunch tomorrow). Cover to keep warm.
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt and cilantro and mix until incorporated.
- For each plate, fill 2 crepes with turkey-poblano filling (reserving half for lunch tomorrow) and top with 1-2 tablespoons crema. Serve alongside or on top of field greens with 1 tablespoon balsamic and black pepper dressing, if using.
- Plate the remaining portions in 2 separate to-go containers, for lunch tomorrow. Package salad dressing on the side, if using.