Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Active Time: 25 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder, to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 6 cups)
- 1 small yellow potato (about 4 oz.) peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk, well-stirred (transfer the rest to an airtight container and reserve in the refrigerator for Day 6)
- water, if desired for consistency
- juice of a lime, if desired
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and curry powder to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add thyme, cauliflower, potato, salt and vegetable broth to the pan, stir, raise heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potato and cauliflower can be mashed against the side of the pan with a spoon, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Use a stick blender to puree the soup, or transfer the soup to a blender to puree (do this in batches, and remove the center lid and cover with a dish towel to prevent steam build-up in the blender bowl). If using a blender, transfer the soup back to the pot.
- Stir in the coconut milk and water to achieve desired consistency. Add lime juice, if using.
- Package soup into four airtight containers for lunches on Days 1 and 4.