Crepes with Blueberry Filling
Active Time: 30 minutes / Cook Time: 20-25 minutes / Total Time: 30-35 minutes
- For the crepes: *
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup water
- pinch fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee, for cooking
- For the filling:
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, defrosted overnight in the refrigerator
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- lemon juice, to taste
*This is a basic crepe recipe that can be used for both sweet and savory cooking. Want to kick it up a notch? For sweet fillings, add ½ teaspoon vanilla and for savory add ¼ teaspoon cayenne.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the flour and eggs.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, ½ cup water, and salt, and pulse until combined. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the blueberries and 1 tablespoon water. Bring to a low simmer over medium-high heat. When the water just begins to bubble on the edges, reduce the heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup to the blueberries and let simmer on low while you make the crepes. If the blueberries are not releasing much liquid, add water a tablespoon at a time until you have a slightly runny sauce.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1 teaspoon ghee and swirl to coat as it melts.
- Pulse the batter again briefly. Add ¼ cup of batter to the skillet and spread the batter to the edges using a knife or silicone spatula.
- Cook until small bubbles form, about 3-4 minutes, and flip. Cook 1-2 minutes or until the crepe is cooked through.
- Transfer the crepe to a plate, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and repeat with the remaining ghee and batter to make 6 crepes. You should be able to stack the crepes without them sticking.
- Stir the lemon juice to taste into the blueberries (start with about ½ tablespoon).
- Place 3 crepes on each of 2 plates and spoon about ¼ cup blueberry filling down the center of each crepe. Roll or fold the crepes and serve.