Active Time: 25 minutes / Cook Time: 55- 65 minutes / Total Time: 65-75 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced into thin half-moons
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 cups spinach, lacinato kale, or Swiss Chard, stems removed and leaves chopped (if using chard, slice stems and add to pan with onions)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt ghee in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and a pinch of the salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to brown and caramelize, about 10 minutes. While the onions cook, prepare your other vegetables.
- Turn off the heat and spread the onions to cover the bottom of the pan. Evenly scatter spinach and tomatoes over top.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk together eggs, milk, remaining salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons feta. Slowly pour over the vegetables in the pan, trying to dislodge them as little as possible. Sprinkle remaining feta over the top, and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake quiche for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The surface should be lightly brown. Let cool for 15-20 minutes, slice in half, and serve.