Curried Sweet Potato Dip & Veggies
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 30-40 minutes or none / Total Time: 40-60 minutes or 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings, about 1 ½ cups
- 2 sweet potatoes, about 1 ½ pounds, OR 1 cup canned sweet potato puree
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee, melted (if using sweet potatoes, omit if using puree)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup full-fat unsweetened canned coconut milk
- ½ cup unhulled sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, from 1 lime
- Heaping ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 medium bell peppers, cut in half, seeds and top removed
- If using sweet potatoes, pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F and place a rack in the middle position. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Chop potatoes into similar sized inch-thick cubes and place in a mixing bowl. Toss with butter or ghee until evenly coated. Spread out in a single layer on prepared baking tray. Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until fork tender. Let cool slightly.
- Once cool enough to handle, transfer sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a storage container, let cool completely, and then store in the fridge to have as a snack this week.
- Chop each bell pepper half into 4-6 square shaped “chips”. Transfer to a separate storage container and place in the fridge.
- To serve, enjoy about ¼ cup per person per serving alongside bell pepper chips.