Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Smoothie
Active Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 4 minutes / Total Time: 14 minutes
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Corner: Cacao
Cacao powder is derived from the seeds of Cacao fruit and is used to make chocolate. While sugar-laden chocolate bars are far from a health food, raw cacao powder is a Mayan superfood! Cacao is rich in magnesium, fiber, and antioxidants. It has been used traditionally for thousands of years, and is at the heart of South American culture.
- 2 ¼ cups almond milk
- 2 small handfuls spinach
- ½ small avocado
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (about 8)
- ½ cup frozen pomegranate kernels
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 drops stevia
- Pinch sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high until completely smooth. Pour into 2 glasses or to-go containers.