Active Time: 25 minutes / Requires prep in the AM, or the night before
Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat unsweetened goat, sheep, or cow yogurt
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds
- 7-11 dates, depending on size, pitted and soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 nectarine
- Line a large, deep bowl with double layered cheesecloth and pour the yogurt on top. Gather the edges of the cheesecloth together. You want to tie the edges together and around a knife or fork, and suspend the yogurt across the bowl so that the bottom of the cheesecloth is not touching the bottom of the bowl, and has room to drain. Set this in the fridge to drain overnight or all day. Discard liquid that has drained out.
- To make the crust, add almonds to a food processor and pulse into small bits. Add dates and process until a sticky dough forms.
- Using clean hands, mold dough into the bottom of a 9” round pie tin and place in the freezer while you prepare the toppings.
- Transfer your strained, thickened yogurt into a small mixing bowl. Add honey and vanilla and stir together until well combined.
- Remove your crust from the freezer and spoon on a layer of yogurt, evenly coating the entire crust.
- Top with a layer of fresh fruit and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To serve, slice into 6 pieces (just like you would a pizza. Store the remaining 4 slices in a zip lock bag or air tight container in the freezer, to have next week Days 2 and 5 (thaw for 15 minutes before consuming, or enjoy straight from the freezer).