Eggs and Creamy Grits
Active Time: 35 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cashew milk
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup quick-cooking (not instant) grits
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, divided
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, for serving
- 2 eggs, cooked to your liking*
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water, milk, and salt to a boil. Slowly stir grits into the boiling mixture, and stir continuously until grits are well-mixed.
- Return the pot to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If grits look dry, add more water by the tablespoon.
- While grits are cooking, prepare your eggs.
- When grits are smooth and creamy, stir in a tablespoon of the butter. Divide between two plates and top each with ½ tablespoon remaining butter and black pepper to taste. Serve with eggs.
*We prefer eggs over medium for serving with this recipe, so the yolk can mingle with the grits! To make: heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a medium skillet over medium heat. Crack two eggs into the pan and cook until the whites are almost opaque, 2-3 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully flip eggs and cook another minute. Serve on top of the grits, and enjoy!