Eggs in Spaghetti Squash Nests
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes or 45 minutes / Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash noodles (from Day 1) or ½ a spaghetti squash
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried oregano and thyme
- 4 eggs
- If you need to make spaghetti noodles: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place squash cut-sides down on parchment. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until squash is tender but strands are not mushy. Once cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrap out the flesh, creating “noodles”.
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion to skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add noodles and seasonings. Stir to incorporate.
- Flatten noodles evenly in the center of the skillet and create 4 wells. Carefully crack 1 egg into each well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover the skillet. Cook until eggs are to your liking, 3-8 minutes.
- Use a spatula to cut and divide egg nests into two portions. Serve.