Eggs with Smoked Salmon & Fried Tomatoes
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 10-12 minutes / Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 2 teaspoons ghee, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and halved horizontally
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus a tiny pinch for the tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces OR 2 tablespoons cream or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or scallions, divided 2 oz. sliced smoked salmon*,
- roughly chopped freshly ground black pepper
*Smoked salmon can be found packaged in the seafood section of most grocery stores.
- Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Sprinkle cut sides of tomatoes with a small pinch of salt and place cut-sides down in the skillet. Cook without disturbing for 5-6 minutes, or until the tomatoes have browned a bit. Transfer 2 halves to each of 2 serving plates and set aside. Wipe out the skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon chives.
- Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in medium skillet over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and gently stir until the eggs start to form curds, about 1 minute.
- Add the salmon and stir gently. Sprinkle with salt and cook 2-3 minutes, or until eggs are desired doneness. Stir only occasionally at this point so that large curds of eggs form and are not broken up.
- Divide eggs and salmon between the two serving plates, sprinkle with the remaining chives and pepper, and enjoy!