Eggs with Sweet Potato Hash
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes / Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 ½ tablespoons ghee
- 1 medium sweet potato, (about 6-8 oz.) peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika, optional
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs freshly ground
- black pepper, to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, stir, and cover. Cook undisturbed 4 minutes, or until sweet potatoes easily release from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir potatoes, sprinkle onions on top, cover, and cook 4 minutes, or until sweet potatoes and onions are just tender.
- Add spinach, smoked paprika (if using), and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Stir occasionally until spinach is just wilted, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the parsley, if using. Transfer hash to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet, return to medium heat, and add ½ tablespoon ghee. Crack each egg into the pan and cook on the first side until set, about 1-1 ½ minutes. Using a spatula, carefully flip eggs. Cook on second side for 1-1 ½ minutes, or to desired doneness.
- Place half of the sweet potato hash on each of two plates, and top each with an egg. Divide remaining salt between the two servings and add freshly ground black pepper to taste.