Eggs with Sweet Potato-Apple Hash
Active Time: 25 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 2 teaspoons ghee or coconut oil, divided, plus another ½ teaspoon if necessary
- 8 oz. diced sweet potato (about 1 medium)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add ½ teaspoon ghee, scallions, and apples and cook 5 minutes, or until potatoes are fully tender and apples are softened but not mushy. Scoot the hash to one side of the pan.
- Add remaining ½ teaspoon ghee. Crack up to two eggs into the skillet and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes or until the bottom is cooked. Carefully flip and cook another 1-2 minutes or until desired doneness.
- If the pan is dry, add up to another ½ teaspoon ghee and repeat with additional eggs, if using.