Eggs-in-a-Hole with Bacon and Fruit
Active Time: 5 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 4 slices bacon from an 8-12 oz. package (freeze any left-overs for use in future recipes)
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices almond flour bread (from almond flour bread loaf)
- pinch each fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced peaches
- Place bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat and cook to desired doneness. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Discard all but 1-2 tablespoons bacon fat from pan. Place over medium heat. Using a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass, cut out the centers of the bread. Place bread, laying rounds next to slices, in pan and crack an egg into the centers of the slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until the bottoms of the eggs have set, 2-4 minutes. Carefully flip and cook the other sides to desired doneness, 1-3 minutes. Flip the rounds, too, so they cook on both sides.
- Serve 2 slices bacon, one egg-in-a-hole and toast round, and 3/4 cup fruit per person.