Field Greens, Miso Glazed Summer Squash, Snow Peas & Almonds
Active Time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings (2 servings field greens)
Chef’s Tip: Chickpea miso paste
Chickpea miso paste is naturally gluten free and is a pantry item that can be kept in your fridge for a very long time. It can be found at your local health food store or Co-Op, in the refrigerated section. Miso paste is a great addition to sauces, soups, and dressings, adding a savory umami taste.
- 2 tablespoons chickpea miso paste
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 medium summer squash, cut into rounds
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed field greens
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed and julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ¼ cup dry roasted almonds, chopped or sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with all natural parchment paper.
- Mix miso paste and water together in a large mixing bowl. Add yellow squash and toss to coat. Transfer squash to baking sheet.
- Roast squash until it just starts to get tender (8-10 minutes).
- Mix rice vinegar, ginger, honey, shallot, sesame seeds, olive oil, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a medium mason jar and shake vigorously to combine dressing.
- Toss together greens, snow peas, carrots, almonds, and squash and reserve ½ for lunch the next day.
- To plate, serve miso glazed vegetables over 3 cups field greens and top with dressing, saving half of the dressing for lunch tomorrow.